Prior to joining Parks Ziegler, Ms. Laymon-Pecoraro spent 10 years at Hook Law Center, P.C. practicing in the areas of elder law, estate and trust administration, estate planning, asset protection planning, financial planning, guardianships, and conservatorships.
Ms. Laymon-Pecoraro has a passion for special needs planning, which has resulted in her becoming a go-to for personal injury attorneys who need assistance navigating public benefits or otherwise protecting a client’s funds. As a result, Ms. Laymon-Pecoraro has worked on hundreds of personal injury cases, developing settlement trusts, including those with special needs trust provisions and Medicare set-asides.
Ms. Laymon-Pecoraro is certified as an Elder Law Attorney (CELA) by The National Elder Law Foundation (NELF). Approved by the American Bar Association and authorized by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court, the CELA certification is the legal industry’s “gold standard” for elder law and special needs practitioners. There are only about 500 CELA-certified attorneys nationwide.
- Commonwealth of Virginia
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Certifications and Recognition
- Certified Elder Law Attorney
- Series 65 – Uniform Investment Advisor Law Examination
- Accredited with the Department of Veterans Affairs
- Health, Life & Annuities Producer
- Guardian ad Litem for Incapacitated Adults
- Designated a Rising Star by Superlawyers.com, part of Thomson Reuters
Hampton Roads Community Foundation Professional Advisors Committee
- Editor of the Elder Law Report (Wolters Kluwer)
- Special Needs Trust Handbook (Wolters Kluwer)
- Special Needs Trusts, Elder Law in Virginia (Virginia CLE 2016)
- Powers of Attorney, Minor Children, and Assets in other Jurisdictions, Estate Planning (Virginia CLE 2016)
- The Medicaid Lien and Other Liens of the Commonwealth, Liens in Personal Injury Actions (Virginia Trial Lawyers Association 2016)