We invite you to learn more about the business legal services specialize in and our attorneys that concentrate in these practice areas. If your particular legal need isn’t listed below, please contact us so we can learn more about your issue and assist you in finding a solution.
The backbone of the American economy is small business. Brandon H. Zeigler, the principal handling this area of law, is himself the owner of three small businesses, and knows first-hand the issues that need to be addressed in forming and running a company. He enjoys working with small business owners to ensure they have the correct documents, contracts, leases, manuals, and protocols when needed. The biggest service we offer is to be available to consult when that random question presents itself. In areas where we are not licensed (e.g. insurance) or have expertise (e.g. tax), we have associated with local experts who share our desire to help small business owners. We arrange meetings in our office so our clients only have to step away from their work once and we work with these specialists as a team to get the right fit for your business. We handle all of the following areas:
- Business formations and incorporation (Inc, LLC, LLP)
- Draft partnership documents
- Draft by-laws or operating agreements
- Serve as registered agent
- Be part of the business owner’s professional team and lead resource
- Joint Venture documents
- Business Transactions – purchase and sales agreement, mergers, dissolutions.
- Business litigation/stockholder/stakeholder disputes
- Assist in the negotiations of lease or purchase.
Cybersecurity and the protection of client/customer data is of paramount importance to businesses. Beyond the disruption to operations and the financial impact that a data breach can have on a business, there are a myriad of state, federal, and international laws governing data privacy that companies must know and follow or face huge fines and even criminal action. Kellam T. Parks, the principal of this area of law, has been writing and speaking on the topic of Cybersecurity/Data Privacy for years; frequently traveling across Virginia teaching other lawyers about their duties and what laws apply to them and their clients. Within this practice area, we handle:
- Data Privacy Policies and Plans
- Data Privacy Training
- Incident Response Plans
- Regulatory Compliance and Reporting
- Cyberinsurance Review and Counseling
- Electronically Stored Information (ESI) Issues
- Cybersecurity and Data Privacy Litigation
At Parks Zeigler, PLLC, we assist local, regional and national banks, and other lenders in almost all aspects of their business; from documenting and closing loan transactions to workout, collection, collateral liquidation, and bankruptcy when a loan is not paid as agreed. We can prepare all documents necessary to protect a lender’s interest from single-use customized documents to entire loan packages. We also assist lenders in complying with FDCPA, CFPA, and other Federal and State regulations.
We handle the following Creditors’ Rights areas:
- Commercial loan transactions, including title, survey and other due diligence review
- Loan documentation and closing related to SBA, CRE and floor plan lending
- Inter-creditor agreements and participation loans
- Debt collection, including suits and judgment collection
- Debt settlement, work out, and forbearance agreements
- Collateral liquidation, including foreclosures and UCC sales
- Bankruptcy, including relief from stay, dischargeability complaints, and plan objections
- Regulatory compliance
At Parks Zeigler, PLLC, we have a depth of experience with commercial transactions, assisting clients from inception to completion for both acquisition and sale of commercial properties and businesses.
We handle all of the following Commercial Transaction (Acquisition or Sale) areas:
- Buyer, Seller, and Developer transactional representation
- Asset based, floor plan, and CRE lending
- SBA lending
- Duplexes or apartment buildings
- Stand-alone commercial businesses
- Shopping centers and out parcels
- Single family investment houses
- Entire subdivisions or development lots
- Any other form of business transaction
- Due diligence review, including title and survey issues