- 2 cans of French style green beans, drained – more flavorful dish than using whole beans
- 1 10oz+ cream of mushroom soup (some folks add ¼ can of milk too)
- 2.8 oz French fried onion rings
- Mix up beans and soup in a casserole dish.
- Bake about 20 mins @350° (Time-based on 2-3 inch deep casserole dish)
- You want it to be hot all the way through, without scorching the bottom.
- Add the French fried onions on top, bake 5 mins more.
- Tip: If using a deep dish, layer ½ of bean mixture, some of the onions, and bean mixture. Then finish with remaining onions last 5 mins of cooking.
We use more onions than the recipe calls for because I use a shallow casserole dish to get a more crunchy onion to creamy bean for each bite. Of course, there have been many variations that include cheese, and/or bacon, and recipes that modify the dish to your taste.
Click here for a PDF of this recipe.