It’s May and that means Cinco de Mayo! I like to celebrate the Battle of Puebla by eating more Mexican food. Any reason, right? This month I’m sharing another family favorite.
- 10-12 oz Shredded roasted chicken (a couple of handfuls)
- 8 oz. Shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
- 8 oz. can Tomato sauce
- Shredded cabbage – about 2 handfuls
- 1-2 chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce and a small spoonful of the sauce - depending on how spicy you like it.
- Tortilla wraps – small 6” size
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Combine chicken, cheese, tomato sauce, cabbage, peppers.
- Spoon onto the wrap, fold into a burrito (see below illustration).
- Place seam side down on a slightly oiled baking surface, to avoid sticking.
- Brush all over the tops with a little oil to avoid them drying out and cover with foil.
- Bake in the oven (I use my toaster oven) for about 20 minutes to melt cheese and heat up filling, uncover for another 5 minutes if needed or to lightly brown.
Serve with your favorite condiments: sour cream, salsa, guacamole, more cheese and/or mole sauce. I usually serve Mexican rice, black beans and chips with this meal.
Click here for a PDF of this recipe.