- 1 large rutabaga
- 2 medium turnips
- 3 large carrots
- 3 medium parsnips
- Approx 3.5 - 4 pounds of vegetables
- 1 medium onion, I used yellow (red is good too)
- 3-4 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- 2-3 Tbsp. chopped fresh Rosemary
- Peel and slice onion into 1-inch wedges. Peel other veggies, then cut into same size cube pieces so they will cook evenly. Place all in a large mixing bowl.
- Drizzle EVOO over veggies and season with salt, pepper, and Rosemary. Stir/toss to coat all.
- Line two baking sheets with foil and lightly spray with cooking oil. Spread veggies out as not to be crowded or you will get steamed, not roasted vegetables.
- Cook at 425° for 20 minutes, turn vegetables and cook another 20 minutes until fork tender.
*A great thing about this little throw together is you can use any potatoes, beets, celeriac, jicama, butternut squash or any other root veggie you like! Just be aware beets will run some colorful juice onto your other veggies in case you care.
**If you have a don’t-mix-my-food person, you can prepare and roast in rows on your baking sheet for separation of veggies.
*** You can slice these vegetables flat and bake in a casserole dish with some butter (instead of olive oil) and some cream for an AuGratin presentation as well –cooking 45-55 mins.
****Substitute Italian seasoning mix for Rosemary for a unique twist. Maybe a little added fresh garlic.
Click here for a PDF version of this recipe.