- 3 eggs
- 1 c sugar
- ⅔ c pumpkin (canned)
- 1 tsp lemon
- ¾ c flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Powdered sugar shaker
- ½ c chopped pecans (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 c powdered sugar
- ¼ butter, room temp
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Beat eggs 5 minutes on high (important-time it).
- Add sugar, pumpkin, and lemon and mix well.
- Add flour, baking powder, nutmeg & cinnamon (I usually mix the dry ingredients up in my two cup Pyrex measuring cup so I can just pour in together) and blend well.
- Pour into a well-greased jelly roll pan (cookie sheet with sides).
- Sprinkle with pecans and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Sprinkle linen kitchen towel (don’t use anything fuzzy) heavily with powdered sugar.
- Once the cake is done, gently turn out onto the towel with pecan side down.
- Tuck in sides of the towel and gently roll up cake with towel.
- Place flat, seam side down in the freezer for about 20-30 minutes.
- Mix cream cheese and soft butter with vanilla and powdered sugar.
- Take cake roll out of the freezer and gently unroll, leaving on the towel, evenly spread the filling.
- Gently roll up again, peeling towel off the cake. It will be a tad sticky. (Tip-Rinse out your towel to remove the cake before it dries and hardens.)
- You must refrigerate this cake, so you can place it on a serving platter or sprinkle powdered sugar into wax paper and wrap up.
- You can freeze this cake for up to two months as well, which is great when you are trying to plan mass holiday baking.
- Slice, sprinkle a little bit of powdered sugar on top and serve!
Click here for a PDF of this recipe.