- 1 15oz can of pumpkin
- 2 c flour
- 1 c sugar
- 1 egg ½ c butter (room temp)
- 1 tsp each - baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, vanilla
- 1 12 oz bag of butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven at 275°
- Mix all the ingredients above except the butterscotch chips.
- Once mixed well, add butterscotch chips.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 12-14 minutes
- Transfer cookies to wire rack to cool.
I like them best warm, right out of the oven and so will anyone in the house when you make them ;) as they smell great too! These cookies are very moist due to the pumpkin, so you must eat them within a few days or refrigerate them to keep them from spoiling. If you stack them, expect them to stick together by day two. Separate layers by wax paper. We’ve experimented by adding mini-chocolate chips once and adding chopped nuts another time. My family has told me to leave this recipe alone! And while I do not care for pumpkin pie or much else with pumpkin, I really do like these cookies.
Click here for a PDF of this recipe.