- 2 cups of Bisquick
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup cornmeal
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350°
- For batter - mix Bisquick, sugar, baking soda, and cornmeal.
- Add the eggs and milk, and then mix well.
- Melt ¾ cup butter in a 9/13 pan – do not cook it, just melt it. Swirl it all over to grease pan then pour melted butter into batter.
- Mix well and pour back into the pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden.
I usually spread some butter all over the top when I take it out of the oven just to add some more southern goodness to it.
Click here for a PDF of this recipe.