Parks Zeigler, PLLC is proud of the recognition we've received from a number of prestigious organizations. Below are highlights of the firm's recent awards, honors, and accolades. Also, please visit read what our clients have said: Lawyer Reviews and Client Testimonials.
The list is compiled by U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers®. Rankings are based on a rigorous evaluation process that includes the collection of client and lawyer evaluations, peer review from leading attorneys, and review of additional information provided by law firms as part of the formal submission process.
The gold standard in attorney ratings, have recognized lawyers for their strong legal ability and high ethical standards for more than a century. Attorneys looking to refer a client, as well as individuals researching lawyers for their own legal needs, use these ratings to identify, evaluate and select the most appropriate lawyer for their legal issue.
Martindale-Hubbell Client Review Ratings provide the perspective of the client: Who better to describe the services and counsel that lawyers or law firms offer than those who previously retained them?
Taken together, peer review ratings and client review ratings deliver a comprehensive view of a lawyer’s legal abilities and service and benefit the entire legal community.
Being a member of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers™ means:
- The attorney has demonstrated an active interest and competency in matrimonial law as evidenced by the fulfillment of criteria and standards as established by the AAML™ Board of Examiners and Board of Governors.
- The attorney has substantial experience and is able to handle complex matters relating to custody and support of children, property division and alimony or spousal support.
- The attorney is recognized by the bench and bar as a leading practitioner in the area of matrimonial law.
- The attorney has demonstrated substantial involvement in the matrimonial field and has endeavored to encourage the study, improve the practice, elevate the standards and advance the cause of matrimonial law.
Best Lawyers® was first published in 1983 and is regarded as a definitive guide to legal excellence. Lawyers are selected through a peer rating ranking system which has been used for over 30 years. For the 2019 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America®, 7.8 million votes were analyzed, with almost 60,000 lawyers being included in this edition.
This award is a peer-based award and voting is open to any licensed lawyer in Virginia. Virginia Business annually polls more than 14,000 Virginia attorneys, asking them to nominate the best lawyers in each of the 18 practice areas.
Lawyers are allowed to vote for attorneys in their own firms, but they also must vote for an equal number of attorneys outside their firm. “Outside” votes are scored higher than “inside” votes in arriving at a final score for any nominee.
In compiling the Legal Elite list, Virginia Business has profiled representatives from the 16 legal categories. Profile subjects are chosen from the top 10 vote-getters in each category but are not necessarily the attorneys with the most votes in their group. Lawyers who have been profiled before are not considered.
Coastal Virginia Magazine’s Top Lawyers are selected via an annual poll in the legal field to identify regional attorneys who show excellence in their respective fields. Coastal Virginia Magazines publishes this list as a service to the community, providing readers with a representation of some of our area’s most outstanding legal professionals. We are proud that our attorneys have been recipients of this honor in recent years.
Super Lawyers Magazine is a publication that includes the annual Super Lawyers list. This list distinguishes attorneys who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. Parks Zeigler, PLLC is proud that its professional staff includes several attorneys that this honor has been bestowed upon over the years.
The NAEPC is a nationwide network of estate planning councils and professionals, affiliated and drawn together to achieve excellence in estate planning. It works together with affiliated estate planning councils to facilitate networking and education with the purpose of encouraging estate planning professionals to become an Accredited Estate Planner and/or Estate Planning Law Specialist.
The Avvo Rating evaluates a lawyer’s background based on the information available in an attorney’s Avvo profile. Avvo creates the rating using a model that considers information the lawyer has included on their profile in addition to the information collected from public sources like state bar associations and lawyer websites. Any information that affects the Avvo Rating is visible in an attorney’s profile.
Why the Avvo Rating can help you find the right attorney:
- There is no bias. The rating is calculated using a mathematical model, and all lawyers are evaluated on the same set of standards.
- The Avvo Rating cannot be bought. At Avvo, all lawyers are treated equally. They don’t play favorites, and attorneys can’t pay to improve their ratings.
- It was developed by legal professionals and people looking for legal services. The model used to calculate the rating was developed with input from hundreds of attorneys, thousands of consumers, and many other legal professionals who deeply understand the work attorneys do. Avvo Rating reflects the type of information people have identified as important when looking to hire an attorney.
- It’s as simple as counting to 10. Ratings fall on a scale of 1 (Extreme Caution) to 10 (Superb), helping you quickly assess a lawyer’s background based on the rating.
Parks Zeiger attorneys have received 10.0 ratings in family law, identity theft law, and personal injury law.
A military trusted business is one recognized by MyBaseGuide.com, a website that provides a comprehensive resource for the military community with suggestions intended to assist military members and their families during times of transition and settling down in new regions. Parks Zeigler is humbled to be recognized as a Military Trusted Business alongside other businesses that are proud to provide service to servicemembers and their families.