- 3 c of milk
- 1 c warm water 2
- Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. yeast
- 3/4 c sugar
- 1 ½ Tbsp. salt
- 1/2 c butter-cut up
- 8-10 c flour Butter or shortening oil (Pick 1 to grease hand)
- Scald milk in the microwave for 5 mins on high. In tall glass place warm water, 2 Tbsp sugar and yeast. Rise 5 min
- In a large bowl put ¾ c sugar, salt and cut up butter. Pour scalded milk into the bowl.
- When the mixture is very warm, but not hot, place yeast mixture in the bowl and stir.
- Mix flour (I use 10 c). Knead and place the bowl in warm place to rise, 20 mins covered with a towel. Grab the full handful of dough (grease hands so dough releases) and shape into balls, will fall into mounds when placed on greased cookie sheet.
- Cover and let rise 20 mins. Bake at 350 until golden (20-25 mins).
- Get the butter and honey & enjoy!