- 1 pound ground chicken, or cook & chop breast meat
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil (or olive)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced small
- 3 to 5 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons tamari sauce (or soy)
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 8-ounce can water chestnuts, drained and chopped small
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
Optional: ½ cup diced mushrooms; 1 tablespoon Sriracha; ½ cup grated carrots; 2 small heads Bibb or butter lettuce
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add ground chicken and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the chicken as it cooks; drain excess fat.
- Stir in garlic, onion, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger until onions have become translucent, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in chestnuts and green onions until tender, about 1-2 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- To serve, spoon several tablespoons of the chicken mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf, taco-style.