- 1 large English cucumber, cut into ¼-inch thick pieces (see picture). You can use regular cucumbers with seeds removed.
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 3 green onions-whole piece, finely chopped
- 2 Tbs fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 Tbs fresh lime juice (1 lime usually does it)
- 1 tsp lime zest (grated lime peel-1 lime usually does it)
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp salt - optional
- ¼ tsp pepper – optional
This is an easy recipe, but it does take time to finely chop up all these ingredients. It is best after some refrigeration, after the flavors have had some time to meld. If you usually get thin chips for dipping, I advise you use thicker chips for scoping this fresh salsa.
Click here for a PDF of this recipe.