Anytime is a good time for seafood, but in the Summertime, it just tastes better! Here’s an easy crab recipe that will surely become a favorite in your house. Bianca Rizzo recently baked this pie, from her mother-in-law’s recipe collection, and we all took the recipe home with us. She ranked her recipes on the date she made them. This one was labeled “very good” from 2012.
- 1 lb. fresh crabmeat
- 4 eggs
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 c mayonnaise
- 1 c whole milk
- 1 (8 oz) pkg shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 oz) pkg shredded Monterey jack or Swiss cheese
- 1 Tbsp minced onion
- 1 Tbsp minced green pepper
- ½ tsp. Old Bay seasoning
- 1 pkg Pillsbury Pie Crust
- Unfold pie crust and place in pie shell dish. Do not bake before filling.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, flour, mayonnaise, and milk for several minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients, stir well.
- Fill pie shell.
- Bake for about 50 minutes until top is golden.
- Cool for about 45 minutes before cutting to allow it to set.
If you ever have any leftovers, it heats up well! You can also freeze it, once it is baked.
Click here for a PDF of this recipe.