Older family recipe, made by many different folks, and still a favorite.
(Heat oven to 350°)
- 1 c flour
- ¾ c sugar
- 2 Tbps Cocoa
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt½ c milk
- 2 Tbps oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 c brown sugar
- ¼ c cocoa
- 1 ¾ c very hot water
- In an un-greased pan, stir together flour, sugar, 2 Tbps cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix in milk, oil, and vanilla.
- Spread evenly in pan.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and ¼ c cocoa.
- Pour hot water over batter.
- Bake for approx. 35-40 minutes.
Will be warmly delicious and even better with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
Click here for a PDF of this recipe.