- 1 cup uncooked orzo
- 1.5 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1.5 cups chopped English cucumber
- 1.5 cups baby spinach
- 1.5 cups fresh sweet corn (3-4 ears) or frozen
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- Crumbled goat or feta cheese
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/8 - 1/4 c fresh dill, minced
- 1/4 c sliced green onions (optional)
- Cook orzo according to package directions.
- Heat a little bit of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and the corn; sauté until the corn is bright yellow and tender.
- Toss all ingredients together, including dill, olive oil, lemon juice, and cheese. Salt and pepper to taste.
This dish can be served hot or cold and is delicious either way.
Since I generally do not care for raw onions, I left it out and I used the smaller amount of dill. I like goat cheese, but already had feta, so I used that and thought it was a good choice. Since I ate the first dish warm, and the next one cold, it did not seem like leftovers at all. I love how the flavors meld in this simple bowl meal. Hope you enjoy it as well!