- 32 oz chicken stock
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 16 oz jar salsa of choice
- 2-3 cans cannellini beans (white beans) left undrained
- 5 cups cooked chicken, chopped or shredded into bite-size chunks
- Black pepper to taste 8 oz pepper jack cheese – grated
- Optional: sour cream
- Combine stock, cumin, garlic, and salsa in a pot.
- Heat thoroughly on medium high.
- Add chicken, beans, and cheese.
Once the cheese is melted – serve! I like a dollop of sour cream. Can be cooked in a crockpot- add cheese last before serving. I puree the salsa, some say to not scare off kids, but really, it is because I do not like tomatoes and cannot eat the chunks.
Click here for a PDF of this recipe.