Here is our family favorite recipe for tuna steaks. You may have to buy ingredients you don’t have on hand, but after you make this once, you will make it on a regular basis and those ingredients will become staples. My son Paul could eat this every week!
- Ahi Tuna
- Montreal Steak Seasoning
- Five-Spice powder (cheaper in the Asian stores).
- Sprinkle a little of each spice on both sides of the tuna. And if you do not care for tuna try this mixture on steaks, it’s equally tasty.
- You can grill, broil or pan sear in a touch of oil until your preferred doneness.
- Tuna does not take long to cook, so be sure to watch closely. We broil it up in the toaster oven.
Peanut Sauce Noodles
- 2 Tbsp. smooth peanut butter
- 4 Tbsp. Tamari sauce (dark soy sauce)
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1-2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 TB sesame seeds, lightly toasted – optional
- 1 lb thin spaghetti, cooked al dente & drained
- Whisk peanut butter, Tamari, cayenne, sesame oil together.
- Pour over cooked pasta noodles, toss and sprinkle with lightly toasted sesame seeds.
- You can make half of the recipe for less “saucy” noodles.
Add a wild greens salad with:
- ½ tsp. wasabi paste (equal parts wasabi powder & water)
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. tamari
- 3 Tbsp. virgin olive oil salt & pepper
- Whisk together & pour over salad greens
Click here for a PDF version of this recipe.