I've been hurt in an accident, what can I recover?

Under Virginia Law, you are entitled to receive “full and fair compensation” for any damages suffered due to someone else’s negligence. This would include compensation for any injuries, the pain, and suffering due to those injuries, any permanent damage (such as scarring), medical expenses, property damage, and lost income.

A consultation with an attorney is the best way to proceed. Other than for very minor accidents, a lawyer can assist you in maximizing your recovery. Sometimes a lawsuit is necessary for the other driver’s insurance company to pay what it should, sometimes settlement can be made before a lawsuit is even filed; however, a competent personal injury attorney can help you navigate through the process and recover what you deserve.

Hurt in accident

Kellam T. Parks
Managing Member of Parks Zeigler, PLLC