Do I have to allow visitation if I am not receiving child support?

Yes. If your child’s other parent is not paying child support, you may not withhold visitation. On the flip side, if your child’s other parent won’t let you see your children, do not withhold child support. Either instance could lead to jail or fines. Make sure you document any and all interactions concerning the issues. If the two of you can’t resolve your problems, contact your lawyer to discuss your options.

Parent and child holding hands

Kellam T. Parks
Managing Member of Parks Zeigler, PLLC