Can I receive more support now that I am not working full-time?

Child custody, visitation, and support are always modifiable by a court.  In order to change something that has been entered in an order, you must first show a material change in circumstances from the time the order had been entered, and then, if you meet that hurdle, the court will determine what is in the best interests of the child for custody and visitation, and run presumptive guidelines as to support.  Many things can constitute a material change - every case is unique, which is why we recommend hiring counsel before seeking a change in court.

Job loss and child support

Kellam T. Parks
Managing Member of Parks Zeigler, PLLC