Background and Education
Brandon is an experienced Virginia Beach attorney who grew up in Norfolk and attended Taylor Elementary, Blair Junior High, and Maury High School. After graduating from Maury in 1986, Brandon attended George Mason University to study international affairs and economics.
During, and immediately after college, Brandon worked in the restaurant business and after graduation (and between jobs) traveled extensively. From 1991 through 1994 Brandon traveled across the country twice, to Canada and Mexico, and spent several months in Eastern and Western Europe backpacking, including going to the 1992 Olympics in Barcelona and World’s Fair in Seville. While in law school he was the president of the trial team for two years and worked within the Naval Legal Services Office (“JAG Corp).
Becoming Part of Parks Zeigler
Wanting to be more entrepreneurial and hands-on in helping run and grow a business, Brandon decided to merge his practice with Kellam’s. Not only were Brandon and Kellam long-time friends and had worked together in two different firms, Brandon appreciates Kellam’s detail focus, implementation of firm-wide processes and procedures and the application of technology to better serve our clients and to become more efficient. Our application of technology is generally focused on (1) becoming more efficient, (2) better serving clients by assisting in real-time communication, and (3) allowing client’s instant and 24-hour access to their files. At work, Brandon finds the most enjoyment with helping individuals and small businesses find creative and effective solutions to their problems.
Honors & Recognition
- Best Lawyers 2020 by Bestlawyers.com
- Legal Elite by Virginia Business Magazine
- Top Lawyer by Coastal Virginia Magazine
- Top 100 Attorneys in Virginia by Superlawyers.com, part of Thomson Reuters
- 10 years as a Super Lawyer by Superlawyers.com, part of Thomson Reuters
- AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Faculty member & author for Virginia CLE
- 10.0 rating by AVVO
- Past President of the Virginia Beach Bar Association
- Taught business law at Tidewater Community College
- Judged many local and regional trial and mediation competitions
- Volunteered in assisting victims of domestic abuse to obtain protective orders with Virginia Beach’s CLASS program
- Board member for Guys Doing Good, Inc. an organization that supports local charities
- Has authored chapters for, and has spoken at, Virginia CLE seminars and materials consistently for the past ten years
More about Brandon
When not working, Brandon spends most of his time having fun with his family. He enjoys shooting and fishing with his son, following Pittsburgh Steelers Football, Pittsburgh Penguins Hockey, and New York Mets Baseball. He enjoys racquetball, scuba diving, white water rafting, rugby, boating, mountain biking, and traveling.
Brandon and his family have recently traveled to France for the 75th anniversary of D-Day. What a memorable trip it was. They visited all of the invasion beaches, did a two-day tour, and walked the field at Brecourt Manor (as you saw in the second episode of Band of Brothers). The most touching experience was their visit to the Normandy American Cemetery and Memorial in Colleville-sur-Mer. They met 9 D-Day Veterans and heard taps being played under a clear blue sky. There was not a dry eye in the place, his included.
Brandon has also traveled to England, Spain, Central America, and several Caribbean islands. In his free time, Brandon also enjoys reading about economics, politics, history and listening to new music.