Parks Zeigler, PLLC is proud of the recognition we've received from a number of prestigious organizations. Below are highlights of the firm's recent awards, honors, and accolades.
Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™, the gold standard in attorney ratings, have recognized lawyers for their strong legal ability and high ethical standards for more than a century. Attorneys looking to refer a client, as well as individuals researching lawyers for their own legal needs, use these ratings to identify, evaluate and select the most appropriate lawyer for their legal issue.
Martindale-Hubbell Client Review Ratings provide the perspective of the client: Who better to describe the services and counsel that lawyers or law firms offer than those who previously retained them?
Taken together, peer review ratings and client review ratings deliver a comprehensive view of a lawyer’s legal abilities and service and benefit the entire legal community.
Super Lawers - Super Lawyers Magazine is a publication that includes the annual Super Lawyers list. This list distinguishes attorneys who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. Parks Zeigler, PLLC is proud that its professional staff includes several attorneys that this honor has been bestowed upon over the years.
AVVO - The Avvo Rating evaluates a lawyer’s background based on the information available in an attorney’s Avvo profile. AVVO creates the rating using a model that considers information the lawyer has included on their profile in addition to the information collected from public sources like state bar associations and lawyer websites. Any information that affects the Avvo Rating is visible in an attorney’s profile.
Why the Avvo Rating can help you find the right attorney:
- There is no bias. The rating is calculated using a mathematical model, and all lawyers are evaluated on the same set of standards.
- The Avvo Rating cannot be bought. At Avvo, all lawyers are treated equally. They don’t play favorites, and attorneys can’t pay to improve their ratings.
- It was developed by legal professionals and people looking for legal services. The model used to calculate the rating was developed with input from hundreds of attorneys, thousands of consumers, and many other legal professionals who deeply understand the work attorneys do. Avvo Rating reflects the type of information people have identified as important when looking to hire an attorney.
- It’s as simple as counting to 10. Ratings fall on a scale of 1 (Extreme Caution) to 10 (Superb), helping you quickly assess a lawyer’s background based on the rating.
AAML - Being a member of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers™ means:
- The attorney has demonstrated an active interest and competency in matrimonial law as evidenced by the fulfillment of criteria and standards as established by the AAML™ Board of Examiners and Board of Governors.
- The attorney has substantial experience and is able to handle complex matters relating to custody and support of children, property division and alimony or spousal support.
- The attorney is recognized by the bench and bar as a leading practitioner in the area of matrimonial law.
- The attorney has demonstrated substantial involvement in the matrimonial field and has endeavored to encourage the study, improve the practice, elevate the standards and advance the cause of matrimonial law.
Legal Elite - This award is a peer based award and voting is open to any licensed lawyer in Virginia. Ballots are emailed to more than 11,200 Virginia lawyers and also are available on the Virginia Business website.
Lawyers are allowed to vote for attorneys in their own firms, but they also must vote for an equal numbers of attorneys outside their firm. “Outside” votes are scored higher than “inside” votes in arriving at a final score for any nominee.
In compiling the Legal Elite list, Virginia Business has profiled representatives from the 16 legal categories. Profile subjects are chosen from the top 10 vote getters in each category, but are not necessarily the attorneys with the most votes in their group. Lawyers who have been profiled before are not considered.