- ½ box Mueller’s “Ready Cut” mac noodles
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cup milk
- 8-10oz shredded cheddar cheese (shred a block, better than pre-shredded)
- Put noodles in boiling water and cook exactly 20 minutes, drain well.
- Mix egg, a dash of salt, and pepper in a pourable measuring cup.
- Layer noodles, cheese, noodles and cheese in an 8x8, or another similar size dish.
- Pour milk mixture over all.
- Layer a little more cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes @ 350°, uncover and bake for 5 minutes if you want a little browning on top.
- I usually double the recipe and cook a full 10x13 pan because everyone loves it and there are never any leftovers.
- I also seldom ever see Mueller’s ready cut noodles anymore, so I use penne pasta noodles instead. You want a tube-like pasta big enough for the gooeyness to get in the noodle.
- I like to shred a block of cheese versus buying the pre-shredded cheese. There is something added to pre-shredded cheese to keep it from lumping up in shipping that just does not taste as good to me. Others use the pre-shredded and have no thoughts about it.
Click here for a PDF of this recipe.