- 1 box refrigerated pie crust
- 2-1/2 cups light corn syrup
- 2-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 4 tsp. vanilla
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 2 cups pecan halves cooking spray
- Vanilla Ice Cream or Reddiwip for topping, (optional but highly recommended)
- Heat oven to 425º F. Lightly grease a 13" x 9" glass baking dish. Remove one pie crust from package and roll out to fit the baking dish. I put the dish on pie crust and cut around it. Save leftover crust-both times.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs then add corn syrup, brown sugar, butter, and vanilla. Whisk until well combined. Stir in chopped pecans.
- Spoon half of filling into crust, scooping up all the pecans as they float to the surface.
- Remove the second crust from the package, and roll out to fit baking dish. Lightly spray with cooking spray – I use coconut oil spray.
- Bake 14-16 minutes or until browned. Remove from oven.
- Meanwhile, take leftover crust, mix together, roll out & cut out design, use cookie cutters or free hand.
- Reduce oven temp. to 350º. Add remaining pecan halves to the mixture to coat well. Carefully spoon remaining pecan filling over crust. Arrange your decorative cutouts on top.
- Bake 30-40 minutes, or until golden.
- Let cool for 15 minutes before serving. Can be served warm, room temperature or cold.