- 8 cups rice Chex cereal
- 1 pkg (0.3oz) JELL-O cherry gelatin mix
- 2 cups powdered sugar 1 pkg (16oz)
- Vanilla chips/bark/candy coating Sprinkles of your choice
- Measure out cereal in a large open bowl. Take a gallon size storage bag and dump 1 cup of the powdered sugar in that and set up so that bag forms a bottom. You will use the 2nd cup in the 2nd half of batch.
- Carefully microwave vanilla chips for 1 minute. Stir, heat an additional 20 seconds until creamy. Repeat if necessary until smooth. Mix in the cherry gelatin mix.
- Pour melted chocolate over the bowl of cereal. Stir until completely coated. Add sprinkles and stir just once more. Scoop ½ of mixture into the bag with powdered sugar. Shake and shake to coat pieces. Pour onto a large baking sheet with wax paper. Repeat with 2nd half of batch. Add more sprinkles if you like. Store in covered container up to two weeks.
You could use Christmas sprinkles, or hearts, or Easter eggs – what holiday or festive theme you chose. Makes a nice flavorful gift to share!